Ski Touring in Grossarl
A Paradise for Ski Tourers in Salzburger Land
In addition to the ski slopes, the mountains of Gastein with their numerous peaks and ridges attract ski touring enthusiasts to the region around Grossarl. From varying lengths to different levels of difficulty, there is something for everyone when it comes to ski touring options. Take advantage of your holiday in Salzburg and take your first steps on ski touring skis or use Grossarl as a jumping off point for a long tour.
Forests covered in deep snow, glittering snow-covered roofs and the winter sun on your face – this is just how splendid a winter holiday in Grossarl is! The Grossarl Valley in Salzburg invites you to your next holiday with many ski touring routes. Countless mountain peaks above 2,000m are waiting to be conquered.
A Stop Off after your Ski Tour in Salzburg
From the start of winter well into the spring you can enjoy ski touring in the Grossarl Valley. Ski tourers come together at various meeting points to exchange stories about their experiences. A crowd favourite is the Aschauerstüberl, located around 4km past Hüttschlag. Here ski tourers can enjoy a hearty “ski tourer soup” among friends.
Renowned Ski Touring Mountains in Grossarl
Numerous tours attract ski tourers with their beautiful vistas of the snow-covered mountain world of Grossarl. We’ve put together a list of the most loved and best-known ski tours in Grossarl for you:
- Kreuzkogel: The top of the Grossarl Valley-dorfgastein ski area is one of the best-known ski touring mountains in the Grossarl Valley.
- Kreuzeck: The Kreuzeck is a favourite ski touring mountain in Hüttschlag that is known for relaxing ski tours.
- Filzmooshörndl: A popular ski touring destination point for beginners.
- Loosbühel: This ski touring destination is located in the Ellmautal Valley near Grossarl and is good for ski touring throughout the entire winter.
- Keeskogel: The highest peak in the valley at 2,886m dominates the head of the valley and is certainly a worthwhile ski touring destination.
Discover the variety of ski touring routes in Salzburg. Come to Hotel Edelweiss in Grossarl, your luxurious base-camp for ski touring in the surrounding mountain landscape. Send us your non-binding booking enquiry today.