Nature Holidays in the Salzburger Land
Nature meets Culture in Salzburg
Culture, tradition and customs in perfect harmony with nature – this is what makes the Grossarl Valley special. Deep in the Salzburger Land you’ll have many opportunities to experience nature and culture on your holiday. The Hohe Tauern National Park, interesting sights and exciting excursions make for an unforgettable holiday in Salzburg.
Nature and culture in the Salzburger Land are closely tied. And this close tie is something you’ll experience on holiday first-hand: the traditional work of the alpine herdsman, the pure nature of the Hohe Tauern National Park or traditional events with culinary specialties of the region.
Unmatched Nature Landscapes on Holiday in Salzburg
The best reasons for a nature holiday in the Salzburger Land: unspoilt nature, dreamlike mountain views and unlimited possibilities. Regardless of whether you visit in spring, summer, autumn oder winter, the nature of the Grossarl Valley is a yearlong attraction. Summer offers hikes through the valley full of colourful wildflowers, fragrant forests or to crystal-clear mountain bodies of water. Winter brings deep snow to the ski slopes situated in front of a glittering, one-of-a-kind mountain backdrop.
- Hohe Tauern National Park: This nature preserve offers impressive natural highlights, living space for rare animals and plants, and a pristine landscape.
- Hohe Tauern National Park Centre: Learn about the varied Salzburg mountain world at eight learning stations.
- Activities in nature: Experience the landscape of the Grossarl Valley during every season through different activities like hiking or skiing.
- Alpine chalets surrounded by nature: The Grossarl Valley well known for its variety of alpine chalets that serve regional specialties. Be surrounded by rare alpine flowers and herbs.
Pleasure and History – Cultural Holidays in Salzburg
A lot of emphasis is put on culture, tradition and customs in Salzburg. Much of the culture in the Grossarl Valley is influenced by local traditions. Learn about the history of the region, the daily life of the inhabitants of Grossarl and age-old customs. Particularly important: you should certainly try the regional delicacies and specialities of the Grossarl Valley.
- The Mountaineering Village of Hüttschlag: This small, rustic town captivates visitors with its quiet, unique location, living traditions and alpine history. After fulfilling strict criteria in 2008, Hüttschlag was accepted to the elite ranks of the “Mountaineering Villages of Austria”.
- The Harvest Festival: This traditional event takes place throughout Salzburg and revolves around homely delicacies and traditions. Taste some of these specialities and experience the folk culture of Salzburg.
- Excursion destinations in the Salzburger Land: A holiday in Grossarl means the choice between many excursion destinations. From the valley museum in Hüttschlag to the “Alte Wacht” in Grossarl, and from further off destinations to the salt mines in Hallein. The City of Salzburg offers culture enthusiasts a wide spectrum of offerings from theatre to art to musical performances.
All of your holiday wishes will be fulfilled in Grossarl! Send us your non-binding booking enquiry now and look forward to a culture and nature holiday in the Salzburger Land.