Family Holidays in Salzburg
Fun in all Seasons: A Diverse Family Holiday in Salzburg
Hotel Edelweiss in Grossarl is the ideal spot for your next family holiday in Salzburg. All around Grossarl are numerous excursion destinations that are perfect for families. Guests, both large and small, will get their money’s worth on holiday in Salzburg. Adventure and fun are guaranteed!
The state capital city of Salzburg and five different districts, from hilly to mountainous, offer a variety of excursions for families around Grossarl. Regardless of whether you would like to take an easy hike, learn exciting bits of history or go on a true adventure, Salzburg has something to suit everyone’s taste!
The Many Family Holiday Possibilities in Salzburg
You can hike, ski, toboggan or participate in numerous other activities in which you get to enjoy the nature in Salzburg. Depending on the weather there is always something for you to enjoy together with your children on holiday.
Day Trip Destinations Around Grossarl
Here is a summary of the best excursion destinations for you and your family in Salzburg.
- Eisriesenwelt, Werfen: Experience the world's large ice cave and be amazed by the surreal beauty of ice and stone.
Distance from the hotel: 90km
- Hohenwerfen Fortress: Kids and parents can enjoy guided fortress tours and experience first-hand the famous falconry flight displays.
Distance from the hotel: 90km
- Open air Museum in Grossgmain: In the middle of the Untersberg Nature Park you’ll find 50 hectares of old, rustic farmhouses. Discover what life was like for the area’s inhabitants over 100 years ago.
Distance from the hotel: 160km
- Wagraini’s Grafenberg: This “Nature and Mountain Discovery Zone” invites both kids and adults to experience nature with all five senses.
Distance from the hotel: 30km
- Hallein Salt Mine Take a stroll through the history of the salt mining industry with your family. Learn exactly how the Celts mined this “white gold”.
Distance from the hotel: 130km
- Ferleiten Wildlife Park: Located on the Grossglockner High Alpine Road is the 15-hectare wildlife park boasting over 200 types of animals that are indigenous to the Alps. Hike with your eyes peeled through this untouched natural landscape.
Distance from the hotel: 150km
The City of Salzburg Fulfils Your Family’s Wishes on Holiday
- Magic Flute Playground: This thematic playground in Salzburg is based on the opera “The Magic Flute” by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Children will enjoy a merry-go-round, a musical-instrument on the ground played by stepping on different tiles, a climbing tower and an enclosed slide.
- Marionette Theatre: This special theatre offers performances of classics such as the Nutcracker. The main roles, of course, are played by hand-made marionette puppets!
- Toy Museum: The Toy Museum invites kids and adults into the world of toys and games. Try out and experience the toys – that’s the idea behind the museum!